Tech Lead, Performance Engineering [Remote]
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for
taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates
people's mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a
key challenge - it couldn't identify and acknowledge the positive
decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply
smart mobile technologies, we can. And that's what we do. We help
our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly,
they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more
mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We're a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about
using our skills to do good. From data science, to design,
engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and
beyond - we believe in people who believe they can make the world
even better. Join us, and let's build the higher path that is
The Tech Lead for Performance Engineering will be responsible for
leading all performance and scalability initiatives by proactively
identifying and diagnosing issues and rapidly identifying root
causes to resolve performance problems.
You'll collaborate with engineers, product managers and other cross
functional team members to analyze functional requirements, devise
architecture designs that provide real scalability, low latency,
and high availability. You'll contribute ideas for continually
improving the team's efficiency & work enjoyment, as well as
provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior developers.
* Lead, collaborate and contribute to develop all performance
* Collaborate with engineering to debug issues, analyze logs,
traces, dumps, etc.
* Collaborate with infrastructure team (SRE/Platform) to make
infrastructure or code changes to improve performance and
* Work with engineers to develop performance test plans based on
deep understanding of domain, architecture and product tech
* Work with engineering to design, implement and maintain
performance and scalability test frameworks
* Design and implement relevant simulators to ingest large data
* Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, providing testing
insights and coming up with innovative solutions to improve and
ensure the performance of our product and debugging performance
* Work with engineering to root cause performance issues and
contribute to product code to alleviate these issues
* Support in troubleshooting problems, such as system malfunctions,
test failures in pipelines, customer reported bugs and close the
test coverage loop.
* Provide feedback, propose solutions and suggest improvements in
* Collaborate with engineering to deploy and manage AWS instances
to orchestrate the scale and performance testing pipeline.
* Frameworks: React.js, Selenium, K6, Natives
* Data Engineering: Airflow, Redshift, Redash, Pandas
* Test Management: Test Rail
* DevOps: Terraform, Helm, K8s, Docker
* Cloud Environment: AWS
* CICD - Gitlab, Jenkins
* 7 years of experience in performance and scalability testing
* 3+ years of experience leading performance engineering
* 3+ years of analytical and programming skills (Python,
* 1+ years of docker skills and K8s experience
* 3+ years of experience deploying in AWS ecosystem and using open
* 2+ years of full-stack generalist experience, preferably Python
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to
lead discussions and contribute during code reviews
* Excellent troubleshooting skills and great attention to
* Gitlab/GitHub actions CI/CD experience is a plus
* K6 experience is a plus
* DevOps experience
* P&C Insurance domain knowledge
* Salary: We pay competitive salaries factoring in experience,
skill set, and location. We do not offer equity.
* We provide a wide-selection of health and welfare benefits
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and supplemental
income plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
* Wellness and Time Off: We provide Headspace subscriptions, a
wellness allowance, and generous time off including four weeks of
PTO in the first year of employment with additional time granted
upon hire. New parents may also take eight weeks of fully paid
parental leave (plus four weeks for parents who give birth) which
may be taken within one year after the birth and/or the adoption of
* Professional learning and growth: We provide a generous allowance
each year for professional learning, continuing education, and
* Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be
actively available during core meeting hours from 9:00AM - 3:00PM
pacific time to collaborate with team members across all time
* Some travel may be required after the San Francisco office
* Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to
the SF office for in-person meetings and other gatherings.
What We Need
* Please submit a resume and any relevant links
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate
company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions
provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.
Keywords: HiRoad, Coeur d'Alene , Tech Lead, Performance Engineering [Remote], Engineering , Hamilton, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!