Director of Operations
Posted on: February 22, 2021
We are hiring a Director of Operations.
In four words:--
Make the vision work.
Location: Whitefish, MT
(Non-negotiable-- must be in WHITEFISH, MONTANA where we have
(Can work partially remotely, but ideally prefers coming into the
office. We currently have a "work where you want" policy. This
person will help streamline it.)--
Hiring Date: ASAP.
Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2021.
Interviews likely first week of March.
This is a big one. We're looking for a human who actually likes
taking our metaphorical rubber band piles and turning them into a
big, beautiful rubber band ball. This person likes to take a
complex problem, look at it from multiple angles, dive into the
minutia, and solve it. We are looking for a human who can hang in
our rowdy creative world, but who can also create systems, turn
vision into reality, and basically, make the business better. This
person is not necessarily creative, though problem-solving what we
throw at this person takes a level of critical thinking that must
come naturally to the perfect candidate. This person is able to
bring a level of rhythm to the agency. This person spends their
days looking at money, the team, and quality and trying to find
balance. They will drive initiatives. This person is a stabilizing
force in our team. This person cares deeply about our team and is
warm, empathetic, and reliable. This person is comfortable having
hard conversations, especially with Creative Directors and CEO.
This person is objective-yet-human. This person can handle an
office atmosphere with dogs, basketballs, bikes, and the occasional
whipped cream pie to someone's face, but probably doesn't want to
participate in most of the shenanigans. This person is an
integrator to our visionary, and this person already knows what
that means. This person doesn't necessarily like change, but is
excellent at gathering and understanding data and making logical
decisions based on fact and data. Because of this, they are able to
make decisions and carry forward confidently. They care about
efficiency, structure, and knowledge. They can see the ball before
it is hit to them, and they are proactive, thoughtful, and fun.
This person doesn't need marketing experience, but needs to fit in
to our company culture and share values of our human-centered
approach and love of the natural world. They probably like puzzles
and know how to solve a Rubix cube.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Monthly, quarterly, yearly budgeting
- Financial forecasting and modeling
- Manage accounts receivable and payables
- Monitor cash flow
- Oversee contract negotiations with suppliers
- Maintain financial and accounting systems
- Interface with accountant
- Tax plan and prep with CPA
- Create and Manage company dashboard to ensure client health,
resource utilization, and team health
- Oversee process improvement
- Manage time tracking and resource utilization
- Resource forecasting
- Drive initiatives in management team and organizationally that
contribute to long-term operational excellence
- Contribute to strategic planning of business
- Provide leadership and guidance to team
- Foster business growth initiatives
- Cultivate and coach team
- Primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal
- Oversee organizational insurance policies
- Keep pulse on threats to business
- Excellent Planner
- "Numbers person"
- "People person"
- Critical Thinker
- Financial literacy--
- Process improvement background--
- Experience with project management methodologies--
- High analytical skills-- loves business data, not just
- High emotional intelligence
- Not a "yes" person
- Stable personality
- People-first mentality
- Excellent leader to team.
- Gives and earns respect.
- Able to constructively fight and argue with Visionary.
- Balance between efficiency and quality
- Willingness to let others fail
- Comfortable with discomfort
- Collaborate through conflict
- Willingness to challenge leadership game
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
BA, in finance, business, or management, or related field.
3-5 years operational/logistics experience
3-5 years management experience
How to apply:--
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wheelie Deep Thoughts This is where we showcase fun stuff-- new
work, case studies,--weekly updates, job openings, and general
awesomeness from members of the Wheelie Crew. HEADQUARTERS:
130 Lupfer Ave.
---Whitefish, Montana 59937
---email@example.com I can't recommend Wheelie enough. Our
website launch was almost too successful, and we could barely keep
up with the amount of orders we received as soon as we announced
the rebrand. They are ah.MAZING!"
Keywords: Wheelie, Coeur d'Alene , Director of Operations, Executive , Whitefish, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!