Mental Health Services Director - 1.0 @ Dixon
Company: Wexford Health Sources, Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Mental Health Services Director - 1.0 @ Dixon Wexford Health
Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health
care companies, provides clients with experienced management and
technologically advanced services, combined with programs that
control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades,
Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise
and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy,
utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing,
and quality management services. At Wexford Health our philosophy
is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone.
We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is
our venue. Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a
--Site Mental Health Services Director-- to join our team of
healthcare professionals at Dixon Correctional Center in Dixon, IL.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account POSITION SUMMARY
Provides guidance, direction, training and clinical supervision to
all Mental Health Professionals (MHPs), except for psychiatrists,
within the facility of responsibility. Ensures that said Staff are
compliant with all applicable agency, facility and Wexford Health
Sources (WHS) policies and procedures, corporate protocols and
ethical and professional standards. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct supervision of site Mental Health staff
including hiring, scheduling, assigning duties, evaluating
performance, disciplining, adjusting grievances and
- Provides input on proposals for collective bargaining.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
Wardens, Assistant Wardens, Health Care Unit Administrators, Mental
Health Administrators and other (IDOC) facility management
- Responds in a timely manner to requests for information or
- Serves as a resource to the Wexford Health Chief of Psychiatry
relative to non-clinical aspects of psychiatric and telepsychiatric
services at IDOC facilities.
- Participates in Regional Team meetings and teleconferences as
- Ensures the Vice-President of Operations, Regional Mental
Health Director, Regional Mental Health Administrators, Chief
Psychiatrist and applicable IDOC Administrative staff are apprised
of all critical mental health-related incidents or developments at
- Attends Quality Improvement meetings and is a member as
assigned or requested.
- Collects data and generate reports as required or
- Ensures clinical and facility-based orientation of newly
- Ensures MHPs have a satisfactory understanding of all
applicable Administrative and Institutional Directives, ACA/NCCHC
Standards, and Wexford Health Behavioral Health protocols.
- Reviews, no less than every six (6) months, the medical charts
of at least ten (10) offenders on each MHP's caseload to assess the
adequacy of treatment plans, progress notes and other
documentation; provide remedial feedback and training as
- Conducts no less than quarterly in-service training for all
MHPs regarding clinical issues of concern to IDOC Director of
Mental Health, facility and WHS administrators or the MHPs
- Provides guidance and direction to MHPs relative to Crisis
Intervention Team training and leadership.
- Assists MHPs in the development and operation of
psychoeducational and psychotherapy groups.
- Offers assistance and support to MHPs in their preparation for
mental health monitoring visits, internal and external audits, and
- Ensures MHPs develop and maintain effective and efficient
mental health delivery record-keeping and data management
- Assists in the training of Wexford Health and IDOC non-clinical
staff as requested or as necessary.
- Holds meetings, at least monthly, with all staff.
- Conducts or participates in pre-employment interviews with
candidates for position vacancies as necessary
- Serves as the facility "on call" MHP when necessary.
- Participates in mortality review meetings in the event of
- Remains visible and is responsive to all IDOC, WHS and Health
Care Unit disciplines.
- Supports and participates in evaluation designed to improve
work conditions and patient care. Evaluates employees' performance
and maintains quality care.
- Participates in, as requested, and maintains good relationship
with community organizations.
- Keeps abreast and follows through on incidents occurring on all
- Is available for conferences on all shifts.
- Responds to offender grievances as requested.
- Assesses established policies and reviews policies as
- Maintain the confidentiality of offender records.
- Approach change in a positive manner.
- Make suggestions for improving work conditions to immediate
- Accepts constructive criticism and maintains professionalism in
- Develops implements and evaluates philosophy, goals and
- Ensures services are consistent with current standards, and is
responsible for level of care.
- Serves as representative for, and/or liaison between, Mental
Health services and other health care providers, as well as IDOC
Administration, and coordinates patient care with other
- Provides guidance to the staff in patient care problems;
delegates responsibility within the scope of the employee's
- Prepares and submits monthly reports as requested
- Notifies the WHS Staffing Department of vacant or upcoming
vacant positions in a timely manner and actively assists the
Staffing Department in the filling of vacant positions.
- Is familiar with overtime budgets and works to remain within
- Keeps Regional MH Administrator informed of staffing variances
related to the Schedule Es and Adjusted Services Requests
- Obtains approval of Wexford Health Administration and IDOC
prior to exceeding staffing hours as stipulated in Schedule Es or
- Strives to ensure 100% compliance of Schedule E and ASR
- Complies with and enforces Wexford/Facility Policy and
Procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
- Is familiar with all aspects of the Wexford Health Collective
Bargaining Agreement and operates consistent with the language as
interpreted by Wexford Health Administration.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and facility
regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars The
duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS Standard medical setting in a correctional
facility, which includes daily interfacing with offenders,
correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes
may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors
and indoors in buildings without air conditioning. The following
requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination
of education and experience may be accepted. TRAVEL:--Potentially
for periodic meetings LICENSING:--Must be licensed as a Clinical
Psychologist in Illinois CERTIFICATION:--Current CPR certification
PREFERRED--EXPERIENCE:--Previous corrections experience is a plus
as well as previous management or administrative experience.
EDUCATION:--Doctoral level degree in Psychology Receive relevant
communications and updates from our organization. Share job
opportunities with family and friends through email. Wexford Health
participates in the E-Verify program. Click Here to review the
English language version - Spanish language version
As a qualified individual with a disablity or disabled veteran, you
have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online
system as a result of your disability. firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources, Inc., Coeur d'Alene , Mental Health Services Director - 1.0 @ Dixon, Healthcare , Dixon, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!