Paraeducator-Health Aide (ESSER 1-year Position)
Company: Whitefish School District
Posted on: January 13, 2022
AREA: Paraeducator/Health Aide (ESSER 1-year Position)
REPORTS TO: Principal
Whitefish School District seeks 3 Paraeducators to join one of the
leading school districts in the state of Montana. Whitefish Public
Schools mission focuses on cultivating and supporting a community
that engages students to succeed in continuous learning, career and
citizenship. In Whitefish Schools we believe:
- Teaching and learning occurs effectively in both collaborative
and independent processes, driven by students and teachers.
- Working together develops mutual respect, strong relationships,
and trust within our schools and community.
- Whitefish Public Schools provide a foundation for an informed
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNMENT:Provides assistance to administrative and
instructional personnel in teaching and promoting a positive and
healthy learning/working environment. Performs a variety of
instructional activities; assists in the conduct of training and
learning activities with children experiencing special learning
needs; performs a variety of routine clerical and supportive
activities for instructional personnel; and performs other related
work as assigned. Helps support students who are identified with
symptoms associated with Covid-19. Helps provide assistance to
students in the designated Covid-19 health room. Helps sanitize
within the health room and all areas of the building.
- High School DiplomaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Successful experience as Title I, Special Education, or general
- Successful experience in working with children
- Experience working in health related occupation
- Two years of college coursework in education or health related
field of study.
- First aid and CPR certifiedJOB RESPONSIBILITIES (including but
not limited to):
- Monitors and supervises students as assigned.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates student progress.
- Assists students in all areas including academic,
social-emotional,personal, hygiene or medical needs as
- Assists instructional personnel with the presentation of
learning materials and in the conduct of instructional
- Provides remedial instruction as prescribed by lead
- Assists in shaping of appropriate social behaviors.
- Assists in the preparation of a variety of instructional
materials and learning aids geared to the instructional level and
needs of children who are in special education.
- Observes and monitors children with physical handicapping
conditions and requests appropriate assistance for pupil
experiencing physical distress.
- Maintains or assists in maintaining an orderly, attractive, and
positive learning environment.
- Participates in parent conferences, and pupil instruction,
training and planning processes as assigned.
- Participates as a member of classified staff and instructional
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Demonstrates positive approaches and patience in working with
students, associates, teachers, and parents.
- Demonstrates an understanding of working with a variety of
- Demonstrates an understanding, patient, and receptive attitude
toward students of varied age groups, particularly those exhibiting
- Helps support students with emotional and behavioral needs
including safely supporting and deescalating students who may
exhibit physically aggressive behaviors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic concepts of child growth and
development and developmental behavior characteristics,
particularly pertaining to pupils with special learning needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of behavior management strategies and
techniques relating to pupils experiencing significant behavioral
challenges and impulse control difficulties.
- Assist students in a variety of settings in school and also
during extracurricular activities or field trips as assigned.
- Demonstrates organization and record keeping skills, performs
routine clerical tasks and operates a variety of educational and
office related machines and equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to make mathematical calculations with
speed and accuracy.
- Learns to utilize a variety of appropriate instructional
materials and procedures in the enhancement of a training and
- Follows directives and performs a variety of assignments.
- Demonstrates consistency in expectations and has high
expectations of self and others.
- Respects authority and carries out Board Policy and
- Communicates effectively in oral and written form while
maintaining required confidentiality.
- Helps students with basic medical attention and first aid.
- Follows directions and guidelines provided by School Nurse and
Safe Practices Coordinator
- Assists with the implementation of Safe Practices related to
- Assists students who have been identified with symptoms related
- Supervises students in the health room designated for students
- Assists with sanitation efforts throughout the building and in
the Covide-19 health room.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.PHYSICAL
- The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the
physical aspects that this position classification must perform in
carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will
exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push,
pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves sitting most of the time, but may
involve running, walking or standing for brief periods.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far visual acuity,
depth perception providing oral information, the manual dexterity
to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with
various materials and objects are important aspects of this
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, icy, humid, or windy conditions
caused by weather may occasionally be experienced.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a
disability to perform the essential functions of the job.TERMS OF
EMPLOYMENT:Employed for prescribed term, salary, benefits and other
working conditions to be determined by District Policy, Federal and
State Law as well as appropriate funding from state, federal,
and/or passage of levies.
EVALUATION:Performance of said duties will be evaluated in
accordance with provisions of the Board's Policy on Evaluation of
Keywords: Whitefish School District, Coeur d'Alene , Paraeducator-Health Aide (ESSER 1-year Position), Healthcare , Whitefish, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!