Company: Heritage Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
We are North Idaho's premier provider of integrated medical,
dental and behavioral health services. Our amazing care teams
deliver world-class healthcare utilizing a patient directed,
community-focused approach. Providing high quality, affordable
Healthcare from the Heart is our passion. Our mission is to deliver
a healthcare experience that provides hope, inspires change, and
extends life for our patients and our community.
Top reasons to join our team:
- Our employees are mission - minded
- We are passionate about providing excellent patient
- Committed to a fun and supportive team environment
- We offer high-quality competitive employee benefits
The Heritage Health physician provides high quality care in
accordance with national guidelines to all Heritage Health patients
in a culturally competent manner. The Heritage Health physician
strives to provide care consistent with Heritage Health's mission
statement. The physician provides clinical support to all providers
and staff on an as needed basis. The Heritage Health physician is a
strong leader who treats all staff with respect and supports
teamwork and a positive work environment.
The Heritage Health physician examines and treats members of
family, regardless of age or sex; ensures proper injury care and
disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery; prescribes
and administers medications, performs routine vaccinations,
performs minor procedures and provides advice regarding personal
health and hygiene; requests necessary tests and follow-up visits
and refers patients to specialists, as necessary.
Medical Degree or Doctor of Osteopathy Degree. Board Certified or
Board Eligible in chosen specialty field. Active Idaho medical
license, Controlled Substance License, and DEA License. BLS
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within
primary care. Able to work independently, but also within a group,
contributing to the efforts of the entire team. Able to effectively
manage and direct medical staff support activities while providing
quality medical care. Able to receive detailed information through
oral communications; express or exchange ideas by verbal
communications. Excellent written and verbal communications,
listening, and social skills. Able to interact effectively with
people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds,
skill levels and value systems. A wide degree of creativity and
latitude is expected. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduled Primary care visits per agreed upon FTE
- Ability to see 15-20 patients per clinical day.
- Maintenance of hospital privileges (active or associate) is
recommended. Hospital care is provided primarily through agreement
with another practice.
- Maintains a program of comprehensive health for the family
unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and
- Prepares and reviews medical histories and obtains data through
- Examines patients, formulates differential diagnostic plans,
defines and orders required diagnostic testing. Interprets
examination findings and test results and implements treatment
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care
and treatment provided at the direction of other
- Participates in surgical procedures according to training,
volume standards, and demonstrated ability.
- Provides supportive and definitive care to patients with
serious medical and surgical conditions with appropriate
consultation, based on documented and demonstrated
- Manages medical services for the health care of
- Formulates plans and procedures for operating outpatient
services directed toward health maintenance and ongoing health care
of families by a physician who serves as their personal
- Promotes positive interpersonal relationships with fellow
employees, physicians and patients.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
- Attends all monthly staff meetings and other meetings as
- Participates in QA/QI activities.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Participates on QA or other committees to promote better
practice within the health centers.
- Role models strong leadership skills and promotes
- Follows all established clinical protocols and
- Actively supports decision making of the Senior Management
- Heritage Health staff have an active role in our Patient
Centered Medical Home model of care. This role is designated as
part of the Heritage Health PCMH Care Team.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of
- Performs other duties as requested.
Heritage Health enforces a safety culture whereby all employees
have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining
a safe working environment. Each employee is responsible for
completing all training requirements, participating in emergency
response tasks as requested, and serving on safety committees and
teams as requested. In addition, employees must accept the
responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves and others
by adhering to all written and verbal instructions, promptly
reporting and/or correcting all hazards or unsafe conditions and
providing feedback to supervisors and management on all safety
Required to stand, sit, and be mobile one-third to two-thirds of
the time. They are required to use hands to finger, handle or feel
over two-thirds of the time; while reaching with hands and arms
occurs one-third of the day. Climbing or balancing, stooping,
kneeling or crouching occur less than one-third of the time.
Communicating by talking / hearing occurs over two-thirds of the
day. Amount of time spent lifting or exerting force is about 50%
for up to 10 pounds and less than one-third of the time up to 25 -
40 pounds. Rarely is there a need to lift more than 41 pounds. Must
be able to manage efficient keyboard use, hear, see, speak and
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to solve complex practical problems
- Positive interpersonal, communication & persuasion skills over
the phone, computer & in person
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives and
- Deal with a wide variety of variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written or oral form
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
with a strong organization skill set for easy retrieval of
information and to ensure competent closure of issues
- Ability to work overtime as needed, maintain alertness & meet
the controlled substance policy.
- Good judgment and sound decision making and conflict management
skills to inspire confidence from the customer
- Manage complex analysis and use deductive reasoning
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
environment in a clinic. Work may be demanding and chaotic at
times. Exposed to patient population that will present a variety of
contagious diseases, physical injuries, and emotional states of
Keywords: Heritage Health, Coeur d'Alene , Physician, Healthcare , Kellogg, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!