Company: Heritage Health - Idaho
Location: Coeur D Alene
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description: We are North Idaho's premier provider of integrated
medical, dental and behavioral health services. Our amazing care
teams deliver world-class healthcare utilizing a patient directed,
community-focused approach. Providing high quality, affordable
Healthcare from the Heart is our passion. Our mission is to deliver
a healthcare experience that provides hope, inspires change, and
extends life for our patients and our community.Top reasons to join
- Our employees are mission - minded
- We are passionate about providing excellent patient care
- Committed to a fun and supportive team environment
- We offer high-quality competitive employee benefits
- This position may qualify for the HRSA loan reimbursement
- Sign on and Retention Bonus Available! A psychiatrist provides
high quality behavioral health care in accordance with national
guidelines to all patients in manner consistent with the mission of
Heritage Health. As an expert in their field, a psychiatrist is
available to support other behavioral health and medical staff in
treating a variety of diverse conditions. Requirements:
- Successful completion of a postgraduate residency in psychiatry
accredited by the ACGME, AOA, or equivalent.
- Current certification or active participation in the
examination process leading to certification in psychiatry by the
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or the American
Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry.
- Active ID medical license, Controlled Substance License and DEA
- BLS certification is required. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expertise in diagnosing the treating psychiatric conditions
using both medications and non-pharmacologic modalities
- Able to work independently, but also within a group,
contributing to the efforts of the entire team.
- Able to effectively manage and direct medical staff support
activities while providing quality medical care.
- Able to receive detailed information through oral
communication; express or exchange ideas by verbal
- Excellent written and verbal communications, listening and
- Able to interact effectively with people of varied educational,
socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides psychiatric care through diagnosis, clinical judgment,
and management to restore, maintain, and improve mental health
status in accordance with practice policies and scope of practice,
- assessment of physical, emotional, and developmental status of
the individual and family;
- analysis of health behavior related to personality, lifestyle,
- prescriptive treatment of behavioral health conditions when
- counseling and client advocacy;
- provides health education to clients, clinic staff, and
- Obtains patient histories and documents accordingly, ensuring
completeness and accuracy.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care
and/or support staff.
- Collaborates and supports APPs in the performance of their job
- In coordination with other clinic staff, maintains system of
quality assessment and assurance in accordance with quality
- Participates in program planning, development, implementation
and evaluation relating to specific job, clinic, and program
- Participates in a continuing education to maintain clinical
knowledge and maintain licensure
- Participates in staff meetings, conferences and in-service
training and continuing education.
- Participates in recruitment, interviewing, and performance
evaluations of clinical personnel.
- Performs administrative duties, including: community outreach
and education, staffing, attending behavioral health meetings,
acting as intermediary between other agencies as needed.
- Participates in peer review.
- Maintains professional standards of care and operate within the
scope of practice as approved by the State of Idaho Board of
Medicine the American Medical Association.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control
- Participates in QA/QI activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Performs other related functions as required for clinic
- Attends meetings with other behavioral health team members,
including ACT Team, therapists and SUD clinicians
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of
Keywords: Heritage Health - Idaho, Coeur d'Alene , Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Coeur D Alene, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!