Technician Pharmacy (TPT) - Eligible for 15% Premium
Location: Post Falls
Posted on: March 18, 2023
THIS IS A TEMPORARY PART TIME POSITION THAT WILL BE USED TO
COVER FOR UNSCHEDULED ABSENCES AND WILL REQUIRE TRAVEL TO THE 4
PHARMACIES IN SPOKANE.
The Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy Technician performs functions that
support the daily workflow of the pharmacy. The Kaiser Permanente
Pharmacy Technician ensures the timely and appropriate distribution
of drug therapy in compliance with state and federal laws and in
accordance with Kaiser Permanente policies and procedures.
- Performs functions that support the daily workflow of the
pharmacy including: Typing new prescriptions; Processing refill
prescriptions and entering other prescription data into the
computer; Counting and pouring medications from stock bottles;
Entering chronic condition information; Prepackaging and labeling
medications; Stocking shelves; Filling prescriptions; Performing
inventory functions; Releasing refill medications and OTC products
to patients; Handling non-professional phone calls including refill
requests from patients and refill authorizations from prescribers;
Calling prescribers to obtain refill authorization; Triaging phone
calls to the appropriate person. Working knowledge and competency
with cashiering processes and procedures. Adherence to Kaiser
Permanente Cash Security and Compliance standards.
- Ensures the timely and appropriate distribution of drug therapy
by: reading, interpreting, and filling prescription orders with the
correct medication; ensuring the quantities are correct based on
the signature; accurately calculate dosages based on the patients
- Ensures patient safety and provides excellent customer service
to the patient by: identifying opportunities to prevent unusual
occurrences; consistently performing safety checks when dispensing
medications; taking appropriate steps to resolve and report unusual
occurrences; and following standard work for greeting patients and
providing excellent customer service; providing service recovery
when appropriate and by following proper procedures.
- Demonstrates dedication to evidence-based medicine in daily
duties by staying current on clinical initiatives and priorities;
and identifying specific issues and bringing them to a pharmacists
attention (such as high risk medications, glucose strips, preferred
- Administers the different medication formularies by following
Kaiser Permanente policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintains and utilizes current knowledge of basic drug
information and medical terminology when performing duties.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED)
- Completion of an approved pharmacy technician training
License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacy Technician License (Washington)
- Ability to use available resources and tools efficiently and
- Knowledge of Pharmacy law and its standards of practice.
- Skill in compounding extemporaneous entities.
- Ability to identify specified issues and bring to attention of
- Problem-solving skills to work with patients and other health
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to perform pharmaceutical calculations, identify drug
names, and have knowledge of most common uses for
Job Category: Pharmacy
Keywords: Kaiser, Coeur d'Alene , Technician Pharmacy (TPT) - Eligible for 15% Premium, Healthcare , Post Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...