Mental Health Specialist
Company: Kalispell Regional Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the
health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better
future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the
largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to
grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Provides care and supervision of facility patients and documents
behavior. Under the general Supervision of the RN Charge implements
treatment plans and provides crisis intervention as necessary.
- *Contributes to the effective implementation of individual
treatment plans. Provides limited one-to-one contact with patients
and assists with focus on aftercare and transition planning.
- *Ensures patients are safe as well as their environment.
Supervises patients and their location through updating of the
Patient Safety and Environment Check List. Completes safety checks
on unit as assigned. Remains alert to potential problems and/or
unsafe environment and reports concerns to Charge RN.
- *Delivers basic patient care under the direction / supervision
of the RN. This care includes, but may not be limited to; taking
vitals, assisting patients with personal hygiene, various
activities of daily living such as ambulation, eating, bathing,
transferring and grooming. Accurately documents all care given in
the electronic medical record in a timely manner.
- *Consistently exercises good judgment and professionally
responds to stressful and non-stressful situations. Remains calm
when de-escalating patient. Recognizes and implements least
restrictive to more restrictive interventions based on MANDT
- *Stimulates patients interest and cooperation in various
individual and/or group activities and programs. Performs positive
interactions, instruction, supervision, feedback and
- *Identifies at risk patients and develops safety plan based on
assessments as needed. Relays information and/or issues to team
- *Effectively communicates appropriately with various age groups
- adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- *Attends to cultural/racial/ethnic/social and spiritual needs
relevant to the provision of mental health treatment to all PTC
patients. Attends educational presentations on multicultural
issues. Completes assigned competencies in these areas. Knows how
to access multicultural resources
- Bachelors degree in psychology/sociology or related field
preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be
- Minimum of one (1) years experience working with psychiatric
and/or chemical dependent patients preferred.
- Current CPR or BLS certification or must successfully obtain
within 30 days of hire.
- Previous MANDT training preferred or must successfully obtain
certification and attend mandatory training as provided.
- Knowledge of cultural, ethnic, social, historical and spiritual
issues relevant to the provision of mental health treatment
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute
drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier
National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and
the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail,
professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead
Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest
Keywords: Kalispell Regional Healthcare, Coeur d'Alene , Mental Health Specialist, Other , kalispell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!