Company: Bonner General Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Type: Financial Services Clerk
Department: Patient Financial Services
Job Number: 21-046
Summary of Position:
Receives, processes and distributes daily incoming mail.
Responsible for posting payments from patients and insurance
companies, calculating contractual adjustments as needed, ensuring
the integrity of the accounts receivable of the facility.
- Post payments and adjustments accurately to the appropriate
accounts and make notes as needed for reference and follow-up
- Performs cash application process and all related functions
ensuring compliance with cash receipt policies and procedures
- Monitors the timely posting of electronic remittances,
retrieving information from payer portals as needed and resolves
- Assists customers/patients promptly, efficiently and
courteously regarding patient accounts whether by telephone, mail
or personal inquiry, following through on all issues identified
- Researches and processes credit balances and refund requests in
a timely manner
- Researches and reconciles accounts to ensure accurate
processing of the accounts receivable
- Orders supplies as needed or requested
- Maintains all documentation and records in accordance with
federal and state regulations
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding knowledge of all
patient information (HIPAA), confidential staff and hospital
- Additional Essential Functions as outlined in the job
High School diploma or equivalency.
Minimum two (2) years cashier or other related office
experience. Prefer hospital related or health care billing.
Keywords: Bonner General Health, Coeur d'Alene , Clerk, Other , Sandpoint, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!