We are hiring!
Mystic Caf isn't your typical restaurant. We offer breakfast,
lunch, and dinner throughout the week alongside quality espresso,
fine wines, local art, and live music. Our customers enjoy the
vintage dining atmosphere with our locally sourced and artisan
meals. Mystics team members are excited to serve our customers, and
many of our team members move up to become trainers, supervisors,
and even managers.
We are currently looking for a Host or Hostess
to join our team and be the first point of contact for our
Host/Hostess responsibilities include greeting guests, providing
accurate wait times and escorting customers to the dining and bar
areas. For this role, you should have solid organizational and
people skills to make sure our guests have a positive dining
experience from the moment they arrive until their departure. You
should also be available to work in shifts.
Ultimately you are responsible for ensuring we provide excellent
customer service and a pleasant dining experience to each of our
guests. If you think you can take on these responsibilities with
enthusiasm, please read below to see if you qualify!
- Welcome guests to the venue
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
- Manage reservations
- Escort customers to assigned dining or bar areas
- Provide menus and announce server's name
- Greet customers upon their departure
- Coordinate with wait staff about available seating options
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Cater to guests who require extra attention (e.g. children,
- Answer incoming calls and address customers queries
- Assist wait staff as needed
- Understanding of restaurant etiquette
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Demonstrable customer-service and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills (via phone and in-person)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor the
entire dining and bar area
- Responsible, enthusiastic, reliable, and professional
- Willingness to be cross-trained
- Commitment to excellence in your job
- Availability to work in shifts as needed
- Good physical condition to walk and stand during an entire
- Sunday availability
- $50 bonus (in company credit form) for employee referrals
- Discounted meals on shift, and 25% off meals at our sister
- $8.25/hr + tips
- Good Grade Rewards
- Relaxed uniforms
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Day guaranteed off!
- Sunday evenings off!
- Extremely flexible work schedule
Mystic Caf is grounded in Lewiston, ID, history. Located in
the 1926 Morgan Bros. Coffee Roasters building on Main Street,
Mystic incorporates the original hardwood floors, beams, and bricks
walls to create a distinctive and engaging dining atmosphere in our
newly expanded space. We feature seating for up to 200 in four
unique dining areas, with seasonal outdoor seating.
Mystic Caf offers a casual menu for breakfast, lunch, and
dinner, and a formal menu for dinner, featuring seasonally crafted
specials with high-quality and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Mystic is also home to a large selection of local and fine wines,
along with 10 microbrews on tap from our custom steampunk piping
tap system. Join us in our revamped espresso area for a
quality cup of coffee with friends or at one of our live music
events like Jazz Night or Open Mic Night on the elevated stage. We
additionally offer wi-fi projection capabilities for groups and
host private parties. Mystic is now available to accept
When you want quality, think Mystic Caf. Learn more about us
Happy Day Restaurants corporation is a Lewiston, IDbased
business founded in 1969 to bring the freshest products and most
dynamic customer service experiences in the industry to our guests
in the Inland Northwest. We operate 13 restaurants and a catering
company in the LC Valley and on the Palouse and have won many
regional and national awards for our businesses, including
induction into the Idaho Hall of Fame in 2016.
HDR values our employees and offers a variety of
opportunities, benefits, and services to help develop leadership
qualities in each person. Community is our favorite word, and we
give back frequently by supporting many local and regional
non-profits and other community-based efforts.
We constantly strive to raise our standards and go the extra
mile. If you want to be a part of this community of excellence,
apply today!For more information about Happy Day, please visit