Bulk Foods Clerk
Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery
stores, complete with our own distribution centers and
transportation network. We're proud to operate across 10 states
west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe,
as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in
the United States and is #59 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with
low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $30 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Sets-up and maintains the condition of the department according
to company standards including bulk food bins and machines (e.g.,
honey, peanut butter, etc.). Consistently provides friendly and
courteous customer service to internal and external customers.
Ensure product quality and selection. Performs other related
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Breaks down freight by moving product, placing it in inventory,
operating fork lift, etc.
- Places product in barrels and dispensers by getting the
product, moving it by cart, opening the box with a cutter, putting
product in the correct location, etc.
- Oversees the coffee area by grinding, making coffee, stocking,
- Maintains various machines (e.g., honey, peanut butter) by
loading related machine with product, cleaning machine and area,
maintaining supply of containers, etc.
- Ensures safe/secure work environment.
- Performs customer service duties (e.g., helping customers find
product, etc.) and engages in suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintains cleanliness and eye-appeal of work area, storage
area, and selling floor.
- Cleans work area by mopping, sweeping, taking out trash and
- Performs duties with honesty and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied shifts between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm in a 24/7
operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) with customers to receive
orders, up sell and perform customer relation skills.
- Conduct visual inspections and read / follow guides, recipes
and product labels.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions
and weights up to approximately 20-30 lbs. frequently, and 30-50
lbs. occasionally within the range of floor level to overhead.
- Push and pull handtrucks, carts and pallet jacks containing
product of substantial weight.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist, climb ladders, turn frequently.
- Perform safe/quick movements and operate related equipment
listed below with manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand /eye coordination.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through oral and written
- Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools
and work aides.
- Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective
equipment as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Includes such tools and equipment as knives, wrappers, scales,
trash compactors, hand trucks, pallet jacks, fork lift, card board
bailer and ladder.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws.
The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of
personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety
of perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Coeur d'Alene , Bulk Foods Clerk, Other , Lewiston, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!