Cutting-edge technology. Over 200 million connected devices.
Insightful services. Itron helps our customers better manage
electricity, gas and water now and into the future.
Join our team of Network Engineers and Analysts dedicated to
configuring, monitoring, troubleshooting, measuring, and
understanding the behavior and performance of wireless mesh
networks on behalf of our customers. We use some off-the-shelf
tools and also develop our own tools for monitoring networks,
automating reports, and creating data sets that assist in analysis
and troubleshooting. We continuously modify our tools and processes
to incorporate new information and scenarios from new or existing
deployments. We are involved in customer escalations, new product
analysis, and analysis of Itrons mesh technology in new and
challenging environments. We are seeking to add a Network Systems
Engineer to our team. This position requires a broad technical
skill-set used across a networks life cycle, and also requires
excellent customer-facing skills due to frequent and fluid customer
1. Use a Unix shell to perform advanced network management
2. Learn and become an expert in Itrons mesh routing protocols
and network management tools.
3. Configure, monitor, analyze and troubleshoot IPv6 and IPv4
- Create, document, and deploy scripts and other tools to support
device or system configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, and
- Support workflow automation; design and develop ad-hoc
solutions to specific issues.
4. Support internal and external customers as needed:
- Serve as a technical knowledge escalation point and a resource
for customer facing personnel.
- Interface with and assist internal Itron groups such as
Customer Support, Network Operations, Product Management, InfoSec,
DA Operations, Manufacturing, and Engineering.
- Understand, implement and convey Itrons technology for the
purposes of providing architectural guidance and design
documentation to meet customer needs.
5. Provide expertise in data gathering, troubleshooting,
hypothesis creation and testing, event correlation and other
analytical tasks in support of field troubleshooting, or
1. Degree from a recognized college or university, with a
bachelors degree, preferably in a science or engineering discipline
(e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related field)
or equivalent qualifying work or study experience.
2. At least two years of experience using the Unix shell and
basic Unix utilities.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PHP, and
- Experience with the software development life cycle
(development, testing, revision control systems, documentation,
4. Practical knowledge of IP networking:
- IP addressing, static routing, and basic routing
- TCP/IP, DNS, NTP.
- Network security and IPsec.
5. Experience with HTTP, web services, REST APIs, etc.
6. Basic familiarity with Databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle) and a
basic knowledge of SQL.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Excellent ability to multi-task and track multiple
independent concurrent projects and manage them to resolution in a
Additional desirable qualifications:
1. At least two years of experience in an operations, technical,
or customer facing role.
2. Understanding and hands on experience on X509 certificates,
PKI, SSL, certificate chains, revocation lists.
3. Experience with Java programming, debugging, bug fixing, and
4. RF/Wireless networking (e.g. Wi-Fi, ZigBee) and IPv6.
5. Cisco configuration experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit or stand, and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel small and medium sized components. The employee is
frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl, and to lift weight or exert force up to 50
pounds. The employee in this position works in an environment where
they may be a risk of electrical shock, and there is vibration. The
employee may be subject to higher noise levels.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual
orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other
characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation
in order to apply to this position, please contact your local
recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and
reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in
more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software,
services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage
electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By
working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve
the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being
of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to
creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com .