Principal Software Engineer (C++ / Java)
Location: Liberty Lake
Posted on: June 8, 2021
OpenEye, an innovator in the design and development of
cloud-centric software solutions for commercial video management is
looking for a Principal Video Software Engineer to join our growing
team. As a Principal Video Software Engineer, you will be
responsible for developing and maintaining the OpenEye Apex Server
application and all aspects of how video is used throughout the
OpenEye Web Services (OWS) platform including video streaming,
storing video, transcoding video, manipulating video streams,
decoding, and video/audio synchronization.
- Develops software including feature additions, modifications,
bug fixes and unit tests. Works with Team Leader or Product Owner
as issues arise.
- Responsible for all aspects of how video is used throughout the
platform, including video streaming, storing video, transcoding
video, manipulating video streams, decoding, video/audio
- Reviews development requests and makes educated decisions about
the most efficient way to proceed.
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to acquire
information needed to successfully deliver software that meets
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to help solve
support issues they are facing using the software.
- Assists other developers (primarily Senior Software Engineers
and Software Engineer IIs) as needed when they have questions about
processes, coding practices, algorithms, etc.
- Effectively communicates tasks and ideas to fellow developers,
management, various departments and customers.
- Analyzes input requirements from various sources and determines
the best way to meet each requirement.
- Reviews software code written by others to determine if the
code meets company, departmental and team standards.
- 8+ years experience programming in modern C++
- 6+ years experience in network programming using socket APIs,
including both TCP- and UDP-based protocols
- Solid understanding of operating system concepts including
threads, processes, mutexes, shared memory, memory-mapped I/O
- Experience writing software for resource-constrained
- Experience with both Windows and Linux software
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong quality ethic and test-first attitude
- Great communication and teamwork skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Java and .NET (ideally including WPF and
- Experience working with GPU technology, especially for video
encode, decode or post-processing
- Experience with computer vision algorithms, e.g. using
- 6+ years experience in video streaming and processing
technologies, including one or more of
- Codec technologies such as H.264 or HEVC
- Video recording
- Video decode and display
- Video/audio synchronization
WHO WE ARE
OpenEye has been building video security and loss prevention
tools since 1999. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found
protecting facilities such as schools, hospitals, banks, retail
stores, and airports all over the world. We're driven by a passion
to make the world a safer place! We are located in beautiful
Liberty Lake Washington just between Coeur D'Alene Idaho and
Spokane Washington. Learn more about us here
WHY OPENEYE IS THE RIGHT CHOICE!
- Brand New, State-of-the-Art Headquarters Opening in Spring
- Collaborative, Fun, Creative Culture
- Casual Dress (jeans are welcome!)
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Opportunities!
- Medical, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Family Friendly (flexible schedules)
- Work from Home Days
In connection with your application, we collect information that
identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal
Information"). The categories of Personal Information that we may
collect include your name, government-issued identification
number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact
information, emergency contact information, employment history,
educational history, criminal record, and demographic information.
We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about
you for human resources and other business management purposes,
including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for
potential or future employment or future contract positions,
recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting
criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting
analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal
requirements and Company policies.
Keywords: Alarm.com, Coeur d'Alene , Principal Software Engineer (C++ / Java), Other , Liberty Lake, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!