Company: Howell Munitions & Technology
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Provides detailed cost information not supplied by general
accounting systems, applying principles of cost accounting. Plans
study and gathers data to determine costs of business activity,
such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor. Analyzes data
obtained and documents results.
Plans and conducts comprehensive studies to improve the
operational and financial effectiveness of the unit. Performs
statistical, cost and financial analysis of financial reports and
data, and prepares subsequent narrative analysis for management.
Plans and conducts in-depth studies to determine cost of business
activities. Recommends budget adjustments and other cost
improvement measures. Analyses financial data, and extracts and
clarifies relevant information. Interprets data to determine past
financial performance and/or to project financial probability.
Reviews costs and performs cost/benefit analysis related to
projects and/or programs. Develops financial reports to determine
forecasts, trends and results analysis. Records, classifies and
summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with
generally accepted accounting principles. Interprets financial
transactions and events for economic or business
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Key financial creator to support Operations in primarily in
Lewiston Idaho location.
- Lead the preparation of annual plan and forecast data including
material, labor, burden variances and total Operations
- Provides key financial insight to Manufacturing (Ops,
Production Engineering, and Quality) in a timely manner.
- Leads financial analysis of monthly spending trends to ensure
return on investment goals are achieved. Works extensively with key
leadership on maximize organizational objectives.
- Provides key analysis on weekly and monthly performance
- Works with Operations leadership team to develop financial
targets including key milestone and performance metrics.
- Supports Finance and Operation senior leadership functions with
any special analysis or projects.
- Provide valuable input to the Operations functions to assist in
achieving the organizations objectives.
- Leads all manufacturing cost accounting activities including
cost estimates, and inventory valuation (raw material, work in
process, and finished goods).
- Implements accounting disciplines necessary to assure accurate
- Provides cost estimates based on current costs in support of
- Analyzes manufacturing variances and provides explanations of
- Leads the annual standard cost revision including material,
labor, and overhead costs for the Manufacturing Departments.
- Directs the analysis of standards during development to assure
- Coordinates preparation of budgets to assure accurate overhead
costs and direct labor.
- Responsible for inventory control, coordination of cycle count
program, and monthly general ledger closings for Operations
- Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of five years of experience in finance/accounting
supporting a manufacturing organization. Experience working with
engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis
of cost standards.
- Technical knowledge of finance, systems, and accounting with
requisite analytical and communication skills.
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent
analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting
- Experienced in cost accounting and financial planning and
- Established informal leadership (i.e., leading others while not
being "the boss") and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train, organize, and develop less
- Demonstrated ability to lead process improvement; effective in
supporting cross functional teams.
- Experience with ERP solutions and report writers.
- PC, ERP and multi-dimensional database experience
- Excellent math skills. Knowledge of statistical models and
programs. Experience with ADP or other similar payroll
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly
and annual reports
- Responsibility: Providing timely and accurate accounting
- Complexity of duties: The processing and analyzing of
- Supervision received: Direct oversight by the Controller.
- Supervision exercised: Provide direction to co-workers, and may
provide supervision of subordinates if applicable.
- Working conditions: Usual office working conditions with the
occasional exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and
- Mental and physical demands: Regularly required to sit or
stand, and move about the facility. Required to be able to read
documents and computer screens.
- Confidential data: Working with sensitive accounting
- Travel requirements: Some travel between facilities to analyze
work processes unique to each business.
- Physical demands - Must be able to sit for long periods, some
periods of standing, walking, lifting file boxes, speaking,
listening, motor coordination skills, and good eyesight for reading
documents and data entry. Additional and more specific physical
HMT is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Howell Munitions & Technology, Coeur d'Alene , Accountant, Cost, Other , Lewiston, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!