Job Purpose: Builds cabinets-furniture by studying blueprints
and specifications; setting-up and operating equipment; verifying
dimensions; assembling and finishing components.
Duties: * Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and
studying work orders, blueprints, drawings, sketches,
specifications; checking equipment and tools; calculating parts,
components, materials, and supplies requirements; obtaining and
selecting wood, materials and supplies; planning layout, including
use of computer-aided engineering, design, and production systems;
altering designs as needed; preparing time and cost estimates.
* Cuts and shapes wood components by determining appropriate
methods for cutting, shaping, and assembling parts; setting-up and
operating equipment, including power saws, planers, sanders,
lathes, jointers, routers, and nailers; programming computer-aided
equipment; measuring and marking materials; verifying dimensions;
trimming parts using hand tools, including planes, chisels, wood
files, and sanders.
* Assembles units by attaching parts and components using
fasteners and adhesives; verifying dimensions; trimming and
* Finishes units by sanding, staining, sealing, and painting
surfaces; adding hardware.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to
organization standards and policies, and legal regulations,
including Material Safety Data Sheets, Occupational Safety and
Health Act, and Environmental Protection Act.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions
and established procedures; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining
supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for
* Keeps supplies ready by checking stock; anticipating needs;
placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking
* Controls costs by conserving use of equipment and
* Documents production by completing forms, reports, logs, and
records; maintaining databases.
* Maintains quality production results by following organization
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Documentation Skills, Inventory
Management, Conceptual Skills, Strategic Planning, Listening,
Functional and Technical Skills, Creativity, Supply Management,
Tooling, Developing Creative Standards, Automotive