Ramp Agent (PAY RATE - $19.64/HR) - FREE FLIGHTS
Company: ENVOY AIR INC.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Who we are:
Would you like to work for a stable, secure, and fast-growing
airline where you will be stimulated, challenged, and have the
opportunity to develop your career? If so, read on! Come and work
with the best of the best at Envoy Air where you will join a team
committed to providing outstanding service.
- Amazing employee flight privileges within the American Airlines
- Training and development programs to take your career to the
- Comprehensive health and life benefits (subject to
PAY RATE - $19.64/HR WITH FREE FLIGHTS
How will you make an impact?
Below Wing Functions/Ramp
- Engage in aircraft push-back and/or towing functions by driving
or providing a guide function by walking the aircraft out to
tarmac. Must be able to accurately judge distances and distinguish
between the colors red, white and yellow.
- Occasionally lift set of wheel chocks weighing between 37.8
lbs. and 38.8 lbs. and place them around aircraft front
- Pull cargo hold door using upper extremities with a force of up
to 41.5 lbs.
- Load/unload aircraft cargo (minimum lifting requirement 75
lbs.) unassisted within confined cargo areas.
- Must be able to move around freely in cargo hold.
- Load aircraft following specific directions (load plan)
insuring all weights and locations indicated, by compartment, are
- Pull, push, carry and lift bags and packages weighing up to 75
lbs. onto/from a conveyer belt, baggage cart or ground.
- Move baggage cart by pushing or pulling with upper extremities
using forces between 82.4 lbs. and 113.1 lbs.
- Occasional reaching above the shoulder, knee to shoulder and
below knee when performing tasks such as connecting GPU, stacking
bags at top of baggage cart, placing cones around aircraft, and
placing wheel chocks around nose gear.
- Frequent extension of the neck and upper back while performing
tasks such as making eye contact with captain to direct plane, and
with the agent in the jet bridge to give "all clear" for jet bridge
movement: also required when loading or unloading bags and making
- Aircraft for ground services and lavatory service.
- Frequent rotation of the neck, upper and lower back while
performing such tasks as identifying bags for loading/unloading
from terminal carouse to baggage carts and into cargo holds. Also
required while viewing moving vehicles, people and items left in
gate areas in order to maintain an accident free environment.
- Frequent reaching below knees, knee to shoulder and above
shoulder when performing tasks
- such as loading/unloading bags on belt loader or terminal
carousel, connecting/disconnecting aircraft push back cable,
making/removing connections to empty lavatory vehicle, marshaling
aircraft, cleaning aircraft windshields and when stacking bags in
- Occasional stooping while moving bags to/from baggage carousel,
belt loader, valet carts, connecting air, power, and lavatory
- Occasional kneeling/crouching/squatting while performing tasks
such as loading/unloading bags from the terminal carousel, baggage
cart and when making aircraft connections and when working in the
cargo hold of the aircraft.
- Frequent handling using finger dexterity required while
seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise using one or two
hands when performing tasks such as moving bags to/from terminal
carousel, valet carts, or operating various ramp vehicles.
- Operates vehicles in areas congested with aircraft, moving and
stationary vehicles and equipment and positioning vehicle up to
aircraft requiring depth perception and the ability to distinguish
colors, red and yellow.
- Engage in proper specific ground to cockpit communication via
voice and/or hand signals.
- Transport cargo to/from aircraft or other designated locations
by driving vehicles while towing baggage carts, dollies or a
combination of both. Requires depth perception to negotiate vehicle
with attached carts through congested area. Read "off-load" sheets
to determine destination of cargo.
- Provides external aircraft servicing functions including
lifting and moving hoses and/or cables for potable water, ground
power, lavatory servicing, and air start.
- Pull portable air hose adaptor using two hands to/from aircraft
using forces up to 66.6 lbs.
- Tolerate dust, jet fumes, and potentially toxic and/or
dangerous chemicals which may affect the respiratory system, eyes
or the skin.
- Tolerate constant exposure to high-noise level environment
wearing personal protective equipment.
- In some locations, de-ice aircraft at heights of up to 80 ft.,
lifting and holding nozzle to direct a glycol/water stream at
- Constant balancing to maintain body equilibrium to prevent
falling while walking across ramp areas that may be wet, snow or
ice covered or contain obstacles to cross or avoid. Balance is also
required when climbing and walking across baggage belt to
load/unload aircraft cargo holds as well as lifting bags to gate
agents on Jet Bridge.
- Visually survey operational areas for any foreign debris which
might be ingested into aircraft engines, as well as oil spill or
ice patches which may cause personal injury.
- Work safely during extreme temperatures and weather
Who are we looking for?
Minimum age: 18
- High school diploma, GED, or international equivalent
- Possess a valid, unexpired and unsuspended state driver's
license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from
being considered for this role
Ability to work rotating shifts including days, overnights,
weekends, holidays, and rotating days off
- Flexible to work additional hours with short notice when
- Must be able to carry, bend, lift and turn with bags and other
items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to work outside in variable weather
- Must enjoy working under deadlines, working a physical job
outdoors, and have an interest in the airline industry
- Abe to communicate in a clear, polite, and friendly manner
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the
- Authorized to work in the United States without
Please note: The description is intended to provide a brief
overview of the position. It's not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, expectations, and skills
required of those in this position. Duties and expectations may be
subject to change at any time.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: ENVOY AIR INC., Coeur d'Alene , Ramp Agent (PAY RATE - $19.64/HR) - FREE FLIGHTS, Other , Kalispell, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!