Are you ready to make the world a safer place? Do you want to
work in a collaborative and fun culture where ideas are explored
and jeans are encouraged? If you answered yes, come join us at
OpenEye, headquartered in beautiful Liberty Lake, Washington.
OpenEye, a subsidiary of Alarm.com, has been building video
security and loss prevention tools since 1999. Our on-site and
cloud-based products can be found protecting facilities such as
schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and airports all over the
world. We're driven by a passion to make the world a safer
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the development
and maintenance of the Apex Server application using a combination
of technical proficiencies, organizational aptitude and
interpersonal skills, as well as learning and progressing with the
evolving technology. Supports and adheres to the OpenEye Code of
Ethics and Business Standards.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform
each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of
- Develops software including feature additions, modifications,
bug fixes and unit tests. Works with Team Leader or Product Owner
as issues arise.
- Reviews development requests and makes educated decisions about
the most efficient way to proceed.
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to acquire
information needed to successfully deliver software that meets
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to help solve
support issues they are facing using the software.
- Assists other developers (primarily Software Engineers and
Software Engineer IIs) as needed when they have questions about
processes, coding practices, algorithms, etc.
- Effectively communicates tasks and ideas to fellow developers,
management, various departments and customers.
- Analyzes input requirements from various sources and determines
the best way to meet each requirement.
- Reviews software code written by others to determine if the
code meets company, departmental and team standards.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These
qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required to perform this job.
Formal Education, Certification/Licensure, and Prior Experience:
to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- a minimum of 2-5 years related experience and/or training
- Expertise in the C# and/or Java and/or C++ development
languages, a strong understanding of Flash development using
ActionScript, a solid understanding of development practices
including the .NET framework, TCP/IP network protocols, and a basic
understanding of video codecs.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong quality ethic and test-first attitude
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Brand new, state of the art office opening in 2021 (Golf
- Collaborative, Fun, Creative Culture where freethinking and
idea sharing is encouraged.
- Casual Dress (jeans are welcome!)
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Opportunities!
- Medical, Life and Disability Insurance + 401(k) Retirement
- Family Friendly (flexible schedules)
- Grill Out Fridays
- Work from Home Days
Like what you see. Apply Today!
WHO WE ARE
OpenEye has been building video security and loss prevention
tools since 1999. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found
protecting facilities such as schools, hospitals, banks, retail
stores, and airports all over the world. We're driven by a passion
to make the world a safer place! We are located in beautiful
Liberty Lake Washington just between Coeur D'Alene Idaho and
Spokane Washington. Learn more about us here
In connection with your application, we collect information that
identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal
Information"). The categories of Personal Information that we may
collect include your name, government-issued identification
number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact
information, emergency contact information, employment history,
educational history, criminal record, and demographic information.
We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about
you for human resources and other business management purposes,
including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for
potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping
in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal
background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and
ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.