High volume, fast-paced and fun! Join our Back of the House team
in Glacier National Park!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members
to be highly motivated, committed, and competent people who share
our vision and work together to attain it, while our work
environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and
promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you
will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential
role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our
About Glacier National Park:
Glacier National Park encompasses more than 16,000 square miles
of largely wilderness area and is known for its seemingly endless
acres of rugged and breathtaking landscapes. Glacier National Park
was established in 1910 and stands today as a monument to wild
As part of the Crown of the Continent ecosystem, the park
includes 175 named mountains, 762 lakes (130 named lakes), 200+
named waterfalls and 25 named glaciers, as well as 1000 plant
species, and hundreds of animal species.
Just as the landscape and wildlife are part of the heritage of
Glacier National Park, so are the historic lodges and classic Red
Buses and their drivers known as "Jammers".
The Xanterra Travel Collection is the authorized Concessioner,
so you are not only joining the Glacier National Park team - you
are also joining the larger Xanterra Travel Collection family that
prides itself on offering a world of unforgettable experiences, to
our employees and our guests. We encourage our seasonal employees
to transfer between properties and reap all of the benefits & perks
that we have to offer. To learn more, please visit
What Are You Looking For?
- Are you interested in working and living in Glacier National
- Are you looking to make life-long friends with people from all
over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality
If you answered, "Yes" to these questions, a job in Glacier is
ideal for you!
Positions start late May - June 2021 and extend through mid- to
late-September (dates depend on Location).
- Start Date: May - June, 2021
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal (ideally full season or
- Schedule Varies: 32 to 45 hours per week.
- Perks include:
- On-site meals (cafeteria style) and lodging
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) and laundry facilities provided
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- The adventure of a lifetime!!
A day in the life of the Kitchen Worker:
- Communicate closely with chef on duty.
- Follows recipe cards and measure ingredients.
- Prepare cooking ingredients and simple dishes.
- Maintain Xanterra standards of sanitation throughout kitchen
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
We are seeking Kitchen Workers that can perform kitchen tasks
such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can
be prepared according to recipes. You will need the ability to
communicate clearly to create a Teamwork environment. Kitchen
Workers must have the ability to remain calm in a high stress
environment that is essential for this position.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods
- Must be able to work with chemicals and cleaning
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or