SBA Loan Specialist Opportunity Overview
Work closely with Sr SBA Loan Specialist and Manager to ensure
smooth processing of work flow. Assist Sr SBA Loan Specialist with
SCM reviews. Assist with special credits and audits. Help advise
and counsel SBA Loan Assistants. Package and process SBA loan
requests as required.
As a SBA Loan Specialist with Banner Bank you will have the
- Analyzes business memorandums and credit write-ups that come
from throughout the department to ensure compliance with
eligibility, rules and regulations, along with readability and
- Assist in coordinating work flow between SBA Loan Assistants.
Processes approved loans and other related tasks.
- Prepare SBA loan packages to be archived and ultimately
submitted to the Small Business Administration.
- Assist implementing best practices, procedures and policies
throughout the SBA Loan Specialist team to ensure consistency.
- Responsible for staying up to date on changes within the Small
- Coordinates with multiple departments, including special
credits, auditing and the loan center.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a closely
related field preferred
- 3 or more years experience in SBA loan processing required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of SBA policies and procedures.
- Intermediate experience in loan structuring.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving aptitude with
excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate with managers and employees.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Experience with various systems and databases and the ability to
successfully compile reports using data from these systems.
Compensation & Benefits
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision, health and dependent daycare funds, life and
- Paid vacation time, sick time and 10 company paid holidays
- 401k (with up to 4% match)
About Banner Bank
More than 130 years ago, we started with core values that never
go out of style: listen, learn and help businesses and individuals
reach their goals. Our financial strength and stability are key
reasons Forbes names us one of the Best 100 Banks in America the
past five years.
With more than $15 billion in assets and over 150 locations
throughout Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and California, we understand
our role in the economy and take that responsibility seriously. In
addition to offering a source of capital to personal banking
clients and businesses of all sizes, we place a high importance on
employee volunteerism and donate millions of dollars each year to
Banner Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, citizenship, marital status, age, disability or protected
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Banner Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies
and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes
submitted to any Banner Bank employee by a third party agency
and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search
agreement, will become the sole property of Banner Bank. No fee
will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of
an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.