Senior Claims Resolution Specialist, Complex Casualty - Pacific Region
Company: Liberty Mutual
Location: Liberty Lake
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Responsible for the investigation, evaluation and disposition of
complex casualty cases on assignment, which may include an
established portion of the office/team workload and/or individual
assigned cases that present moderate to high exposure or complex
coverage or liability issues.
Candidates residing remotely will be considered with the right
experience, however, the ideal candidate will reside near one of
our Pacific Hub locations.
This position is eligible for up to a $2,500 sign on bonus for
candidates with an active adjuster's license.
- Manages, investigates, and resolves claims. Investigates and
evaluates coverage, liability, damages, and settles claims within
prescribed authority levels.
- Recommends ultimate resolution on assigned cases in excess of
their authority to local claims management and Home Office.
- Identifies potential suspicious claims and refers to SIU and
identifies opportunities for third party subrogation.
- Prepares for and attends trials, hearings and conferences and
reports to Home Office and local management on status.
- Confers with trial counsel and prepares trial reports.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in
order to gather information regarding claims, refers tasks to
auxiliary resources as necessary, and advise as to proper course of
- Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including
- Ensures adequacy of reserves.
- Recommends reserve increases on cases in excess of
- Accountable for security of financial processing of claims, as
well as security information contained in claims files.
- Responsible for managing the practices and billing activities
of outside and in-house counsel.
- May assist in the absence of the Claims Team Manager,
representing the company on matters involving state or federal
- May be involved in special projects and/or mentoring at the
direction of local management.
- Must have an advanced knowledge of coverage, liability, and
complex claims handling procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of state and federal laws in the
- A full working knowledge of claims operations and procedures is
- Strong written and oral communication skills required as well
as strong interpersonal, analytical, investigative, and negotiation
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally
acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and
at least 5-7 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today
and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" onIDG's
Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running,
we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for
Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well
as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more
about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit:
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Coeur d'Alene , Senior Claims Resolution Specialist, Complex Casualty - Pacific Region, Other , Liberty Lake, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!