Social Worker (Home Health)
Company: LHC Group
Location: Coeur d Alene
Posted on: July 10, 2021
The Social Worker (MSW) in Home Health assists patients and
families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term
illness, and with difficulties in recovery and rehabilitation. The
Social Worker (MSW) will assess, diagnose, and treat patient's
mental and social conditions, counsel individuals and|or families,
and update case records. The licensed social worker with
a master's degree performs these functions under the
supervision of the licensed master's degreed social worker.
North Idaho Home
Health, a part of LHC Group. is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared
purpose: It's all about helping
Benefits and More
- Flexible Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Promotion opportunities
- Continuing Education
- Assists the patient, significant others, physician, and health
care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional,
environmental, and social factors and difficulties related to the
patient's health problems; which interfere with maximizing the
benefit of medical services and the plan of care.
- Contributes as a health care team member to the development of
comprehensive, integrated treatment plans for patients.
- Instructs health care team members on community resources
available to assist patients.
- Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community
- Assesses and treats social and emotional factors related to
patient's illness to determine ability to cope with daily living
- Assists the patient and significant others to understand,
accept, follow, and implement medical recommendations.
- Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing
community resources which will help the patient to achieve and
maintain optimal functioning.
- Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource
development and/or improvement.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a
progress note for each visit; and submits progress notes to the
agency on an at least weekly basis.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides in-service to agency staff as needed
- Sends the physician a written summary report on patient's
condition at least every 60 days
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the
Council of Social Work Education.
- One year of social work experience in a healthcare
- Current CPR certification.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Keywords: LHC Group, Coeur d'Alene , Social Worker (Home Health), Other , Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!