Company: Heritage Health - Idaho
Location: Coeur D Alene
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are North Idaho's premier provider of integrated medical,
dental and behavioral health services. Our amazing care teams
deliver world-class healthcare utilizing a patient directed,
community-focused approach. Providing high quality, affordable
Healthcare from the Heart is our passion. Our mission is to deliver
a healthcare experience that provides hope, inspires change, and
extends life for our patients and our community.
*Top reasons to join our team: *
* Our employees are mission - minded
* We are passionate about providing excellent patient care
* Committed to a fun and supportive team environment
* We offer high-quality competitive employee benefits
* This position may qualify for the HRSA loan reimbursement
* Sign on and Retention Bonus Available!
The Heritage Health dental team provides high-quality dental care
in accordance with national guidelines to all patients in a
culturally competent manner. The dental hygienist assists the
dentists in providing oral care by polishing teeth, educating
patients in proper oral hygiene habits and after care, and
providing other preventive dental care and chair side assistance as
needed by the dentist during exams and treatments.
* Completion of an accredited dental hygienist program
* Active Idaho dental hygienist license. BLS certification
* Must be able to secure credentialing through identified
* Effective oral and written communication skills required.
* Previous experience working with under-served population
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: *
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within
* Able to work independently, but also within a group, contributing
to the efforts of the entire team.
* Able to receive detailed information through oral communications;
express or exchange ideas by verbal communications.
* Excellent written and verbal communications, listening, and
* Able to work with frequent interruptions and to respond
appropriately to unexpected situations.
* Able to interact effectively with people of varied educational,
socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
*Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Schedule dental hygiene visits per agreed upon FTE status.
* Ability to see 7-9 patients per clinical day.
* Clean and polish teeth; polish fillings and other metal
* Instruct patients in good oral hygiene habits and after care.
* Assist dentist as needed.
* Understand and follow infection control procedures.
* Take x-rays.
* Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings, other meetings
as requested, and in-service trainings.
* Promotes positive interpersonal relationships with fellow
employees, dentists, and patients.
* Ensures confidentiality of patient information.
* Has regular and predictable attendance.
* Able to help dentist with anesthesia.
* Willing to work with medical providers for as needed patient
* Demonstrates strong leadership skills and promotes teamwork.
* Follows all clinical protocols and procedures as outlined in the
* Actively supports decision making of Senior Management team.
* Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of
* Performs other duties as requested.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $2.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Signing bonus
* Associate (Preferred)
* Registered Dental Hygienist (Preferred)
Work Location: One locationby Jobble
Keywords: Heritage Health - Idaho, Coeur d'Alene , Hygiene Assistant, Other , Coeur D Alene, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!