Front Office Supervisor
Company: Heritage Health - Idaho
Posted on: June 23, 2022
We are North Idaho's premier provider of integrated medical, dental
and behavioral health services. Our amazing care teams deliver
world-class healthcare utilizing a patient directed,
community-focused approach. Providing high quality, affordable
Healthcare from the Heart is our passion. Our mission is to deliver
a healthcare experience that provides hope, inspires change, and
extends life for our patients and our community.Top reasons to join
- Our employees are mission - minded
- We are passionate about providing excellent patient care
- Committed to a fun and supportive team environment
- We offer high-quality competitive employee benefitsOversees the
day-to-day operations of the clinic front office including
staffing, staff scheduling, customer service, purchasing, quality
assurance, equipment and facilities maintenance, public relations,
and other related functions..
- High School Diploma or GED, 5+ years medical/dental office
supervision/management experience, and/or bachelor's degree in a
- FQHC/CHC experience a plus.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Works with the clinic leadership team to ensure adequate
staffing, efficient operations, and the proper maintenance and
accuracy of clinic records.
- Develops goals and objectives for clinic front desk and
respective staff. Analyzes performance of current programs and
processes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Continually develops new strategies and scripting to optimize
existing processes in patient interactions within the front desk
- Directly manages a team of front office staff and directs their
activities toward accomplishing Heritage Health goals and
objectives by providing direction, training, and on-going
- Monitors team performance to ensure site goals and metrics are
being met; team compliance with policies and procedures. Initiates
actions to help drive team performance.
- Identifies, recommends, and supports the implementation of
Heritage Health programs and initiatives to improve processes and
works in collaboration with other departments of the
- Collaboratively participates in organizational meetings,
programs and calls.
- Manages, develops and leads change initiatives within the
clinic and openly maintains communication between administration
and clinic staff to ensure transparency of operations.
- Develops positive, team-centric relationships with front office
and the broader clinic staff, providers, and administration to
focus on common goals and improve clinic culture.
- Writes and conducts performance evaluations, makes employment
decisions, sets performance goals and objectives for assigned team.
Provides formal and informal performance feedback on a regular and
ongoing basis including rounding and coaching.
- Oversees, coordinates, maintains, and/or processes bank
deposits, payroll time sheets, time off documents, travel
reimbursements, purchasing documents, and/or employment documents
for clinic staff.
- Interacts with internal and external parties to manage
conflict, improve relations and communicate organizational goals,
policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Heritage Health staff have an active role in our Patient
Centered Medical Home model of care. This role is designated as
part of the Heritage Health PCMH Care Team if located in a medical
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as
assigned.Safety:Heritage Health enforces a safety culture whereby
all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing
and maintaining a safe working environment. Each employee is
responsible for completing all training requirements, participating
in emergency response tasks as requested, and serving on safety
committees and teams as requested. In addition, employees must
accept the responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves
and others by adhering to all written and verbal instructions,
promptly reporting and/or correcting all hazards or unsafe
conditions and providing feedback to supervisors and management on
all safety issues.Physical/Mental Requirements:Required to stand,
sit, and be mobile one-third to two-thirds of the time. They are
required to use hands to finger, handle or feel over two-thirds of
the time; while reaching with hands and arms occurs one-third of
the day. Climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling or crouching
occur less than one-third of the time. Communicating by talking /
hearing occurs over two-thirds of the day. Amount of time spent
lifting or exerting force is about 50% for up to 10 pounds and less
than one-third of the time up to 25 - 40 pounds. Rarely is there a
need to lift more than 41 pounds. Must be able to manage efficient
keyboard use, hear, see, speak and read.The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to solve complex practical problems and use deductive
- Positive interpersonal, communication & persuasion skills over
the phone, computer & in person
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives and
- Deal with a wide variety of variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written or oral form.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
with a strong organization skill set for easy retrieval of
information and to ensure competent closure of issues.
- Ability to work overtime as needed, maintain alertness & meet
the controlled substance policy.
- Good judgment and sound decision making and conflict management
skills to inspire confidence from internal and external
parties.Work Environment:Work is normally performed in a typical
interior/office work environment in a clinic. Work may be demanding
and chaotic at times. Exposed to patient population that will
present a variety of contagious diseases, physical injuries, and
emotional states of mind.PI182064656
Keywords: Heritage Health - Idaho, Coeur d'Alene , Front Office Supervisor, Other , Kellogg, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!