Machinist III - (T3)
Company: APPLIED MATERIALS
Posted on: August 2, 2022
- Can safely operate a CNC Mill or CNC Lathe performing
moderately complex operations in producing prototype parts,
production parts, modifications and repairs to existing parts and
assemblies, and/or fabricating parts from steels, stainless steels,
aluminum, plastics and other non-metals.
- Supports in-house customers, such as manufacturing,
engineering, business units, direct/indirect materials, and
facilities. Portrays a customer service approach. Interfaces
effectively and courteously with customers.
- Utilizes Work Orders, blueprints, sketches, written and verbal
instructions to determine machining process, procedures, tooling
and fixtures requirements.
- Performs a variety of machining and/or assembly tasks utilizing
standard machine shop equipment, such as surface grinders, drill
presses, grinders, sanders, band saws, rotary table, and/or
standard band and power tools.
- Plans and performs moderately complex machine set-ups.
Possesses a basic knowledge of trigonometry, which is required to
accurately calculate angles used in set-ups and machining. Makes
full use of machine capacity to minimize amount of machining or
number of set-ups required to product parts competitively.
- Performs machining operations, such as milling, turning,
facing, boring, chasing single and multiple external and internal
threads, drilling, grooving, reaming and chamfering. Monitor
machines and verify that part dimensions conform to
- Performs visual and dimensional inspections to verify
compliance with specifications. Uses calipers, micrometers, gauges,
indicators, and other inspection tools. Performs rework as
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area and ensures proper
handling of tools, equipment, and stock to prevent loss. Conforms
to departmental safety requirements. Functional Knowledge
- Has developed analytical skills and application of scientific
methods to perform a variety of activities Business Expertise
- Has good understanding of how the team integrates with
- Has no supervisory responsibilitiesProblem Solving
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own
work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects
solutions from established operating procedures and/or scientific
- Impacts the quality of own workInterpersonal Skills
- Uses communication skills to exchange of information
Qualifications Education: Associate's Degree Skills Certifications:
Languages: Years of Experience: 2 - 4 Years Work Experience:
Additional Information Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time Relocation
Eligible: NoApplied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran
or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: APPLIED MATERIALS, Coeur d'Alene , Machinist III - (T3), Other , Rollins, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!