Acute PCT Certified - Post Falls
Company: US Renal Care, Inc.
Location: Post Falls
Posted on: January 19, 2023
The Acute Patient Care Technician, under the direction and
supervision of the Registered Nurse, assists with providing care
and delegated activities of treatment to patients with renal
failure. This position performs duties as assigned by the Charge
Nurse and Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the acute program and hospital.
- Obtain blood samples for laboratory analysis as required to
complete physician orders.
- May reinforce patient education as needed under the direction
of the Acute Manager or Registered Nurse.
- Perform duties at all times under the supervision of a Charge
Nurse and within limitations established by and in accordance with
company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws
- Clean, disinfect, and rinse dialysis machines in accordance
with policy and procedures.
- Remove disposables and clean station after each treatment.
- Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency
- Obtain pre and post treatment weights of patients per
- Monitor patients during dialysis treatments.
- Complete water testing on dialysis machine at the beginning of
each treatment day and as directed by the Acute Manager.
Complete/document quality control logs throughout the day and after
all treatments, as required.
- Take vital signs per protocol during patient treatment and
document on treatment record as required.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service
and continuing education offerings in compliance with company
policy and procedure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- CPR certification required.
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- Prefer a minimum of 12 months in dialysis healthcare or
phlebotomy experience or CNA experience.
- Must be certified under a State certification program or a
national commercially available certification program as follows
(see addendum for Patient Care Technician)-
- Certification must be obtained within 18 months of hire date as
Patient Care Technician. Time employed as a Patient Care Technician
prior to employment with USRC will count towards the 18-month
deadline for certification, unless a gap in employment as a Patient
Care Technician is more than 18 months.
- Certification must be maintained as current and in good
- Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC
clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to organize time and tasks well.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: US Renal Care, Inc., Coeur d'Alene , Acute PCT Certified - Post Falls, Other , Post Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!