Patient Account Representative
Company: Clark Fork Valley Hospital
Posted on: March 13, 2023
SUMMARY Verifies hospitalization insurance coverage, computes
patients' benefits, and compiles itemized hospital bills by
performing the following duties. -ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
- Evaluates notes on patient accounting system to determine next
step in pursuing insurance payment on outstanding account balances
- Documents all problem-solving and insurance collections efforts
made in a clear and concise manner in the notes screen of the
- Identifies trends in preventable system errors as well as payor
trends that result in slow payments or non-payment of charges.
- Communicates discrepancies to the correct department manager
for prompt correction. - Trends errors for direct management.
- Conducts discussions with patients in regards to answering
questions regarding insurance coverage.
- Covers other areas within the office as needed, serves as
backup to other responsibilities during times with the office is
- Works assigned work queues and other duties on a daily basis,
resulting in timely payments, balancing of patient accounts, and
refunds or adjustments when necessary.
- Contacts insurance companies when appropriate and submits
corrected information or additional information as needed to
insurance companies to attempt the best reimbursement possible for
each patient account. -QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. -EDUCATION and/or
EXPERIENCE Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year
college or technical school; or six months to one year related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience. -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Clark Fork Valley Hospital, Coeur d'Alene , Patient Account Representative, Other , Plains, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...