Company: Whitefish School District
Posted on: November 22, 2021
AREA: Maintenance TechnicianREPORTS TO: Supervisor of
Maintenance and OperationsSUMMARY OF ASSIGNMENT:Inspects, monitors,
and participates in the repair, maintenance, and construction of
District facilities, grounds, and equipment. Performs inspections,
maintenance, and repairs to ensure that all students, staff, and
the community are provided a safe, attractive, and healthy
environment for learning and work. Performs other related work as
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Valid Montana Driver's License.
- Valid Montana Low Pressure Boiler Operator's License or the
ability to obtain one within one year of hire.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to meet physical demands of position.
- Must be cooperative, dependable, safe, responsible, available
to respond to emergencies in a timely manner and be adjustable to
change and versatility.
- Must maintain proper appearance, dress and act
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written
- Must possess strong knowledge and maintenance skills in
commercial HVAC systems, boilers, life safety systems, elevators,
painting, plans reading, metalworking, carpentry, plumbing, doors
and hardware, electrical, snow removal, grounds keeping, and
- Must have the ability to learn new skills and techniques as
well as utilize technology, computerized maintenance programs and
- Possess current Montana issued Governmental Pesticide
Applicators License in the School IPM Category.
- Possess AHERA Asbestos Management Training Certificate.
- Possess OSHA 10-hour General Safety and Health
- Previous commercial building maintenance experience preferably
in school facilities.RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited
- Ensures that all grounds and facilities are safe and operable
daily including properly timed snow and ice removal and any other
required hazard mitigation or restoration of system function to
ensure student, staff, and public safety on all District
- Organizes, schedules, leads, and participates safely in the
work functions of maintenance, repair, and construction
- Regularly inspects and reviews district facilities and sites to
correct or prevent safety hazards and other maintenance
- Assists in evaluating facilities and recommends repair,
refurbishing, or replacement needs.
- Reviews work orders, preventive maintenance schedules, and
major project plans and aids in their completion.
- Reviews parts supply, materials, and equipment needs and
recommends acquisition of needed materials to maintain an
- Assists in arriving at alternative solutions to unusual or
unforeseen problems, issues, or concerns.
- Operates and maintains tools and equipment utilized for year
round maintenance of buildings and grounds owned by the
- Utilizes and obtains new skills and knowledge concerning
electrical, plumbing, carpentry, general construction, and
mechanics required to complete needed or assigned tasks.
- Assists in the preventive maintenance of boilers, HVAC
equipment, life safety, motors, machines, controls, and other
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with others as well as
independently and make sound decisions without constant direct
- Maintains clean, safe and orderly work areas.
- Is familiar with and observes all applicable District Policies,
laws, requirements, and regulations.
- Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS:The physical requirements indicated below are examples of
the physical aspects that this position classification must perform
in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will
exert 50 to 100 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push,
pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves ascending and descending ladders,
stairs, scaffolding, and ramps, and will involve walking, standing,
or sitting for extended periods.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth
perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to
operate equipment and use hand tools, and work with various
materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, icy, or windy conditions
caused by weather may occasionally be experienced. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable a person with a disability to
perform the essential functions of the job.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
:Employed for prescribed term, salary, benefits, and other working
conditions to be determined by District Policy, Federal and State
Law as well as appropriate funding from state, federal, and/or
passage of levies.Evaluation:Performance of said duties will be
evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's Policy on
Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
Keywords: Whitefish School District, Coeur d'Alene , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Whitefish, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!