Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores,
complete with our own distribution centers and transportation
network. We're proud to operate across 10 states west of the
Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe, as
the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the
United States and is #46 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low
cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Maintains and replenishes stock in a safe and efficient manner to
meet customer purchasing needs. Maintains an atmosphere of
friendly, courteous customer service with an emphasis of taking
care of the customer. Generally works 6-8 hour shifts between the
hours of 9:00 pm to 9:00 am.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
* Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
* Maintains the quality condition of all products; stocks, rotates,
and faces product; discards outdated and spoiled products and
* Cuts boxes in a precise manner and places small containers on
* Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment.
* Orders products, cut cases, stacks, prices and marks
* Builds product displays and operates related equipment such as
hand trucks and pallet jacks.
* Performs all job duties and responsibilities with honesty and
* May performs checking duties with an emphasis on providing
friendly, courteous, customer service.
* May train other employees.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
* Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and
* Exhibit interpersonal skills with oral and written communication
* Work varied nights in a 24/7 operation; including weekends and
* Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and
weights up to 40 lbs. within the range of floor level to overhead
* Lifts up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
* Push and pull hand trucks and pallet jacks containing product of
* Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
* Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
* Ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
* Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental
* Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
* Learn and memorize location of products, check stand and keyboard
procedures, company policies, PLU codes, inventory control
merchandising, and shipping and receiving procedures.
* Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand/ eye coordination to move
* Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor
* Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools and
* Work in freezer and cooler.
* Conduct visual inspection and merchandise being placed on
* Perform tasks requiring manual dexterity for placement of small
items on hooks, shelves, etc.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
* Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
* Electric and manual pallet jacks, handtruck, garbage and card
* Fork lift as needed.
* Box knife.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees
must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Coeur d'Alene , Freight Stocker, Professions , Moscow, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!