Clinical Laboratory Technician
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Providence is calling a Clinical Laboratory Technician (Laboratory,
Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in
Polson, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every
day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible
for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
In this position you will:
- Call appropriate person with panic results or results that
could gravely affect the well being of the patient.
- Identify patient by wristband.
- Notify appropriate personnel of problems related to specimen
collection or testing.
- Utilize a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to ensure
that testing is completed at the appropriate time to meet clinical
- Keep leadership apprised of problems, workflow and other
- Serve as a clinical resource for physicians and other health
- Document all discrepancies and problems properly.
- Accurately report clinical information to support the
assessment, treatment, education and continuity among healthcare
- Assist with tracking inventory and ordering supplies.
- Effectively utilize computer in ordering, canceling and
- Initial the specimen and receives the specimen in the computer
including all pertinent information.
- Properly label specimens and receives them in the computer
including all pertinent information.
- Provide accurate answers to questions from physicians, nurses
and other professionals in a timely manner.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree
- Montana CLS or Montana CLT
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree in Histology
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Medical Center is a 22-bed critical access
hospital in beautiful northwest Montana employing nearly 250
employees, including physicians. With expanding services, building
renovations and outstanding technology, our community hospital is
the heart of medical care in Polson, Montana and the large,
sparsely populated surrounding area. We have close ties to
Providence St. Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center,
Providence's tertiary center located 66 miles away in Missoula.
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care
for me, ease my way." Working at our family of organizations means
that regardless of your role, we'll walk alongside you in your
career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide
best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where
diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and
respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve
in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health
and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico,
Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care
organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices
and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor
Requsition ID: P348665
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Clinical Laboratory
Job Function: Clinical Care
Career Track: Clinical Support
Department: 3502 CLINICAL LAB POLSON
Address: MT Polson 6 13th Ave E
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender,
disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Coeur d'Alene , Clinical Laboratory Technician, Professions , Polson, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!