Clinical Laboratory Technician
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Clinical Laboratory
Technician (Laboratory, Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence St.
Joseph Medical Center in Polson, Montana. We are a community of
caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide
compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those
who are poor and vulnerable. Apply Today! Applicants that meet
qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions
from our Modern system. In this position you will:
- Call appropriate person with panic results or results that
could gravely affect the well being of the patient.
- Identify patient by wristband.
- Notify appropriate personnel of problems related to specimen
collection or testing.
- Utilize a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to ensure
that testing is completed at the appropriate time to meet clinical
- Keep leadership apprised of problems, workflow and other
- Serve as a clinical resource for physicians and other health
- Document all discrepancies and problems properly.
- Accurately report clinical information to support the
assessment, treatment, education and continuity among healthcare
- Assist with tracking inventory and ordering supplies.
- Effectively utilize computer in ordering, canceling and
- Initial the specimen and receives the specimen in the computer
including all pertinent information.
- Properly label specimens and receives them in the computer
including all pertinent information.
- Provide accurate answers to questions from physicians, nurses
and other professionals in a timely manner. Required qualifications
for this position include:
- Associate's Degree
- Montana CLS or Montana CLT Preferred qualifications for this
- Associate's Degree in Histology About the hospital you will
serve. Providence St. Joseph Medical Center is a 22-bed critical
access hospital in beautiful northwest Montana employing nearly 250
employees, including physicians. With expanding services, building
renovations and outstanding technology, our community hospital is
the heart of medical care in Polson, Montana and the large,
sparsely populated surrounding area. We have close ties to
Providence St. Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center,
Providence's tertiary center located 66 miles away in Missoula.
About Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of
"Know me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P348665 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Clinical Laboratory
Job Function: Clinical Care Schedule: Per-Diem Shift: Variable
Career Track: Clinical Support Department: 3502 CLINICAL LAB POLSON
Address: MT Polson 6 13th Ave E Providence is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status,
religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Coeur d'Alene , Clinical Laboratory Technician, Professions , Polson, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!