Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division
within our Primeland Business Unit. We are looking for a Grain
Originator to work extensively with producers and country elevators
in procuring grain and setting up marketing programs. You must be
able to make decisions, work independently, be detail oriented, and
have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This
opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS. We
are open to all levels of experience. Depending on experience the
role could be associate or experience level.
This role could be eligible:
- $1,000 sign on bonus
- Relocation assistance
- With assistance, make professional contact with country
elevators and farmer producers, and serve as the face of CHS to
customers. Update them on market trends, current quotes, and
agriculture business overall.
- Work to grow CHS business with new customers and in new
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key accounts.
Gain knowledge and insights into customer's goals, in order to
target procurement tactics.
- Procure CHS products from producers and elevators based on
overall strategy. Make timing and quantity buying decisions. Report
hedges, purchasing/sale of contracts quickly and accurately.
Communicate bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Respond to customer complaints, questions and requests in a
- Interpret industry reports and understand changes and
- Plan, develop, and implement simple purchasing strategies and
tactics, in accordance with CHS policies and guidelines.
- Gather information regarding market players and communicate to
- Collaborate internally (i.e. merchandisers, hedge desk and
accountants) to exchange information as needed.
- Manage customer shipments in conjunction with CHS
- Execute CHS logistics strategy around the physical movement of
goods. Book truck rates on FOB purchases.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Procurement and/or
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to build and maintain strong business
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
comfortable asking questions and sharing information.
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and
industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the
position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment
screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor
vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits
include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and
Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded
Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition
reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: CHS Inc, Coeur d'Alene , Grain Originator, Professions , Greencreek, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!