Company: Whitefish School District
Posted on: March 12, 2023
WHITEFISH SCHOOL DISTRICT
AREA: Substitute Custodian of Buildings and Grounds
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNMENT:
Maintains an assigned school facility, group of buildings, or
office space in a clean, orderly, and secure manner following a
predetermined schedule; and performs other related work as
- Responsible to Building Administrator(s) and Superintendent.
- Possesses high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical screen.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic cleaning methods, procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge of cleaning materials, supplies and
- Demonstrates knowledge of safe working methods and
- Performs moderate to heavy manual activities.
- Uses cleaning materials, supplies and equipment efficiently and
- Follows directions and takes volition to address safety and
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working
- Operates tools used in custodial work correctly.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of heating, plumbing, lighting
and ventilation equipment. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- One to two years of successful full-time employment
- Previous custodial experience JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (including
but not limited to):
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways and
play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Does necessary touch-up painting, minor repairs to plumbing,
electrical, carpentry, general mechanical areas, snow removal,
grass cutting, etc. (The above shall not be construed to cover
major installations or new construction, not to violate
jurisdictional areas of other crafts.)
- Operates cleaning and polishing equipment.
- Cleans classrooms thoroughly as assigned.
- Cleans and thoroughly sanitizes restrooms and locker rooms as
- Sweeps, mops, wet-washes and vacuums floors as assigned as well
as cleaning of sinks, equipment, pencil sharpeners, etc.
- Dusts furniture, ledges, lockers and transoms.
- Cleans and polishes fixtures as assigned.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets and other trash
- Cleans whiteboards and trays, giving special regard to notes
left by teachers.
- Cleans tables, desks, windows, glass and partitions.
- Checks, repairs, or replaces lights, fixtures, bulbs and paper
- Performs routine facility and equipment maintenance functions,
including minor repair, part replacement, and adjustment
- Performs skilled custodial functions in the setup, arrangement,
and operation of special purpose equipment, such as stage lighting
panels, curtain operation, set arrangements, and other similar
- Performs routine maintenance and preventative maintenance
functions, including equipment adjustments, lubrication, and simple
- Checks all windows, doors, and cabinets for security.
- Follows schedule of daily custodial work as prepared by
administrator and Supervisor of Maintenance.
- Reports in writing to supervisor any acts of vandalism, and
evidence of deliberate littering or any behavior that may be
- Sets and/or checks fire alarms and alarm/security systems.
- Ensures building security daily by locking doors at the end of
the school day.
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor(s). ADDITIONAL
- Displays positive attitude towards work.
- Displays positive attitude towards students, staff and
- Displays dependability, responsibility, and reliability.
- Accepts changes and assignments positively.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job requirements.
- Respects supplies and equipment.
- Displays neatness, maintaining proper appearance and
- Is punctual and meets time schedules and work assignments.
- Is an integral part of custodial team.
- Is performance oriented. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the
physical aspects that this position classification must perform in
carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will
exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push,
pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves sitting some of the time, but may
involve running, walking or standing for brief periods of
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far visual acuity,
depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity
to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with
various materials and objects are important aspects of this
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, icy, humid, or windy conditions
caused by weather may occasionally be experienced.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a
disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Keywords: Whitefish School District, Coeur d'Alene , Substitute Custodian, Professions , Whitefish, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...